Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Book Recommendations, October 2021

 Here's a few books that I've read, enjoyed, and reviewed this month:


Rereads:
I took some time this month to reread a couple of favorites:

Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce feels like the quintessential fantasy. From nature magic to mythical creatures, characters that feel real, and action that grabs me from every page, this one is well worth a read!

High Sierra by Adrienne Quintana has a cute contemporary romance, an inspirational message, and exciting survival action. 

And I also tried a few new books:
Trial by Sorcery by Richard Fierce is a dragon rider (academy) type book. It appeals to readers of Eragon and Pern, and has a lot in common with other dragon rider academy books like two I've referenced on here before: Dragon School and The Brindle Dragon. If you enjoy the genre, you'll enjoy this one.

Limitless by Jaclyn Weist is a fairytale retelling that combines Aladdin with Beauty and the Beast.

The Perfect Spy by Amy Martinsen is a romantic suspense with a great premise: middle-aged moms have excellent spy skills! 

If you'd like my recommendations spread over the month, you can follow my reviews on twitter under the hastag #CVPReviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindle vella: What is it and why should I try it out?

News is slowly getting out. A lot of people have heard the name "kindle vella", but not everyone knows what it is or why they shou...